PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2023, 00:57
megan

Received 394 Likes on 209 Posts
Sorry but you are all missing the point, the MOMENT a passenger refuses to obey a Cabin Crew instruction they have committed an offence. Now I realise we live in a world where individuals feel they are too ‘special’ to have pesky rules apply to them but it is against the law regardless. He was asked to move, he wouldn’t, he even admits he requested the police presence. Cabin Crew did NOT instruct the cops to use the taser, this idiot obviously wound the police up to the point they felt this was an appropriate use of force. If you side with the passenger then what next, allow people to vape? Sit with no belt on?……. Why should the crew spend time ‘facilitating the move’, there is a reason the terms and conditions say if you want to be seated together then you have to pay the $5 for assigned seating. He ticked that box and then thought he would be cleaver and arrange the reseating himself.
Difficult to know what to make of it all without knowing what directives/rules the CC operate under regarding seat swaps. Boarded a aircraft in Doha and on fishing in the seat pocket for the briefing card found my hand swimming in someones vomit, stench appalling, seating was found elsewhere for the three of we family which had us scattered all over the aircraft. Boarded in LAX for a trans Pacific on United and was asked if I'd mind swapping seats so two folk could sit with each other. Don't know if they still do it but boarding a DC-9 in Hawaii it was a free for all, no assigned seating. Boarded a QF at Tulla for a trans Pacific and name didn't appear on the manifest, told to "just sit over there". Stuff happens.

Disgusting Jetstar? No, disgusting opening post though.

Last edited by megan; 22nd Mar 2023 at 01:12.