PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2023, 05:09
PiperCameron

Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Chopz
Has anyone made the transition between the two and felt uncomfortable in the C152? I was confident in the PA28 (eventually), I didn't seem to feel the wind or turbulence to the level that a C152 feels. Now I feel like I am not in control the same way I was and flying is back to being a challenging experience rather than one I was confident doing.

Is it just one of those things that I've had too long a break and it really is starting again because I felt having previous experience I would be comfortable with switching to a C152. Going solo seems like such a huge hurdle.
Chopz, covid was a hassle for lots of folks, so you're not alone! Starting my training in Warrior, after many long breaks for various reasons up to and after my PPL I had a similar issue struggling to feel comfortable in even a C172, let alone the 152. FWIW, I still haven't made the change!

Cessnas and Pipers (high wing vs low wing) really are very different aircraft and really do 'feel' different. As a low hour student, how you feeI is going to be really important to your ability to learn the important stuff - operating the aircraft - and moving to something completely different will certainly cost you more in hours, so I'd suggest you stay with the PA28 - at least until after going solo.