PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2023, 04:44
Chopz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I am hoping someone may be able to help me out with something.

I started flying in 2020, learning in a PA28, let's just say It took me a little longer to reach solo, I needed 35 hours over the course of 18months. Thank you covid! However I did manage to do 5 x solo circuits.

Anyway, after going solo we had locked down again and I was over it by this point so I took a break and decided I would return to flying once I knew lockdowns were definitely over. Fast forward another 18 months and I am in a C152 starting from the beginning.

Has anyone made the transition between the two and felt uncomfortable in the C152? I was confident in the PA28 (eventually), I didn't seem to feel the wind or turbulence to the level that a C152 feels. Now I feel like I am not in control the same way I was and flying is back to being a challenging experience rather than one I was confident doing.

Is it just one of those things that I've had too long a break and it really is starting again because I felt having previous experience I would be comfortable with switching to a C152. Going solo seems like such a huge hurdle.

I hope someone can share their thoughts, this forum has been a safe and educational space.

Chopz