PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - too soon "increase to retirement age"?
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2023, 14:10
ruhroa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer
Can't answer OP directly but on a similar note, flying Bizjets in EASA-land under Part NCC, as a private and single pilot operation there's no age restriction on the commander.
This combined with the fact that many private operators want to cut costs results in several bizjets flying around with one pilot. Nothing against age but I wouldn't want to fly a high performance aircraft on my own at 30, much less at 70. An incapacitation is a real possibility and it doesn't struck me as wise to do so.
I'm surprised that there aren't more incidents/accidents of bizjets as a consequence of incapacitation of "old" single pilot.

OP: If you're older than 65 and wish to continue flying professionally, look at non-commercial operation. There must be plenty of opportunities!
I totally agree a jet should not be single pilot at any age if operating into/out of a busy airport or area.
My point and the main question is referencing the international consequences to "charter" pilots who are part of a crew operating in and out of ICAO states were the CPT or Co CPT is over 65