PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 172 Accident in Colorado in 2022
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2023, 20:00
First_Principal

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Pilot DAR
....grammar error .... none of us is perfect....
er, quite.

Perhaps our sense of humour is different in the southern hemisphere. To avoid any misconception my comment wasn't an attack on punkalouver, far from it, down here if someone said something similar in a group discussion and someone else pointed it out we'd all have a good laugh and no-one would think worse of anyone else. Being more than a little imperfect I've been at both ends of that, and probably will be again, all in good jest.

Anyway, as PilotDAR suggests, back to the subject in hand; I was surprised to read a redacted statement that included the pilot's name, and that of his relative. I don't recall that in recent times, although it was de rigueur a few years back, I wonder if it's the publishers subtle way of making comment on the story therein?

That said, as much as it might seem improbable, until any investigation concludes I guess we can't be certain while they may have been doing stupid things before, the controls really did jam at a critical moment and they crashed as a result of that, rather than anything else. Sadly that happened here; a good man who'd been doing aero's in his 'plane dislodged a 7/16" spanner that had been laying about the fuselage post maintenance, said spanner then jammed up the controls with fatal results. It does happen

FP.