PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAP CEO C O-W is sacked
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2023, 11:08
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ETOPS
Her business decisions. She seemed to have a talent for setting out plans, initiatives etc which were clearly going cause problems and costs as opposed to spending time and energy at the coal face fixing stuff.
In no particular order…
Insisting on hand baggage passing through a gauge at the gate and charging £50 for a fail. Many of theses devices appeared to be of slightly different sizes leading to upsets for day return pax.
Designing and painting a new colour scheme on a -8 which was a bland rehash of the purple scheme thus leading to 3 separate schemes in service- at a cost of 10s of thousands.
Failing to control crew costs where obvious wins were a simple instruction away - example;- using expensive taxis to move standby crew between bases but failing to co-ordinate flight and cabin crew requirements thus formations of taxis heading along the motorway with single occupants

I could go on
Some of this was already in place at Flybe I’m afraid. The charging of hand baggage happens across many airlines so I think you are clutching at straws trying to pin that on C O-W.

I have to say though I’ve not heard anything positive on this one in the industry. Personally I can’t comment on her decision making - ultimately she sits at the top and the buck stops with her but equally you are relying on the information, data, stats and numbers presented to her being accurate. So it could be less her decision making but her lack of ability to question, unpick, scrutinise and interrogate the information she uses to form her decisions.

Who knows! But what is known is that this will have some short term coverage until she steps in to another airline who haven’t done their homework.