PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Russian jet collides with US drone over Black Sea"
Old 18th Mar 2023, 06:38
melmothtw

Received 173 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Video Mixdown
​Perhaps no such operations are taking place. Perhaps there are and those who know about them are rightly keeping their mouths shut. Whatever UK military personnel are doing I wish them every success, but I don't need to know about it and neither do you.

​​​​​​

​​
​​
Firstly, spotters tend not to 'keep their mouths shut'. They tend to take lots of photos which they then post online. Foreign spotters in particular have no qualms about UK opsec, why should they?

Secondly, UK Reaper ops are not secret - it's the RAF not the CIA. The MoD even invited Sky News and the BBC to Kuwait to film them during Shader, and were quite open about their role at that time.

But that said, I can't prove a negative about them not being used in or around Ukraine, so maybe those asserting they are there provide a shred of evidence and I'll shut up.

The idea that those watching internet flight watch apps showing only those squeaking mode 3, 5 and ADSB have any idea of the numerous, probably dozens, of other aircraft, know what is going on is risible

The idea that the locals who live near where UK Reapers are supposedly flying in and out of as they operate near Ukraine haven't once taken a photo and posted it online is risible.

Again though, UK Reaper ops are NOT secret. Heck, not even the USAF ops are secret - they're quite open as to where they're based in Europe.