PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas International 2023 recruitment
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2023, 10:53
1plus1is11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Which_way_is_up
I've just submitted my application for the casual Qantas Crew position base din Sydney - I'll let you know how I progress! It sounds like I just missed out on applying for the full-time international position
Hi,
Take my advice, DON'T do it.
​​​​​​If all you wanna do is just flying then casual is a good point of entry but it's definitely not a bridge to fast track over to international.

When you apply internally as a casual, you will be put on hold and that could easily be 12 months or more.

If you want to do full time domestic then it's a much faster transfer from casual.

My advice is, apply for other airlines but Qantas and Jetstar [ MAM, Altara domestic, Altara Qantas link, Altara Jetstar, Qantaslink ]. If international comes up in 3 months time you can easily apply externally and get through faster.
If you are a casual you won't be able to apply for any full time positions until you have been in the role for 12 months then not to mention the exhausting waiting time if you are successful. You could easily be looking at 2 years!

A lot of MAM and Altara casuals are just sitting and waiting to go over to international while people from outside are streaming through at light speed... 😯

Think very carefully..... seriously long and hard....

Last edited by 1plus1is11; 17th Mar 2023 at 11:06.