PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Russian jet collides with US drone over Black Sea"
Old 16th Mar 2023, 22:26
Cedrik

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by albatross
I well remember that event.
As I recall the “Western World” was very outraged by the event. Including most people in the USA.
Care to comment on KL007 ?
Yes, 007 wasn't flying where they said it was, a lot of unexplained anomalies with it's flight path. Ghosting with an American military aircraft close to the Korean aircraft was more than dangerous. At least the Americans were using an unmanned aircraft this time instead of using an airline full of innocent pax to gather intel.

Why not show the full video? If indeed the prop was damaged then the unbalanced prop would have shaken the aircraft badly. I still maintain if the prop was hit the tailplane would have been taken out. Either the attacking fighter was skilfully flown to avoid any impact apart from the prop or as most say here it flew into the drone by bad flying.

Interesting they said they decided to land the aircraft after seeing the prop damage, no thrust they would have had no choice. If indeed the fighter hit the prop then there would be minimum damage of no tailplane one side or both. The "Landing" would then be vertical. If the fighter was damaged video would be released of the damaged fighter. Lets see unedited video, much chance of that? How does an impact hook a prop blade? Just one blade damaged indicates the prop was rotating very slowly if at all. A 20 ton fighter impacting a prop disc that's doing 2000 revs would do more damage than hooking one blade.