PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2023, 20:59
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JW95
More good news for Gatwick- Air China is to reinstate LGW-PEK (Beijing Capital) service from next month initially at 4/weekly before rising to daily from mid April using the A333.

Source: AeroRoutes

Really glad to see LGW making great progress at rebuilding its pre-Covid long haul network. I'm wondering if CX will be next to announce its return to LGW?
Excellent news regarding Air China resuming service to LGW with the announcement coming less than 48 hours after I posed the question on this thread, "I wonder what the next long haul airline will be in announcing LGW?"

Along with the previous announcement by Saudia confirming JED-LGW, I'm also very surprised by this announcement from Air China. I'm not totally surprised by Air China resuming LGW but very surprised that they are retuning so soon. Obviously they are great additions to LGW but both totally unexpected considering their LHR operations.

LGW has been very fortunate to have gained so many long haul connections in such a short time frame. Congratulations to the marketing team and everyone involved in achieving this and may it continue.

I'll pose the same question again as I previously posted considering that it took less than 48 hours for it to be answered.

"I wonder what the next long haul airline will be in announcing LGW?"

Last edited by Sotonsean; 16th Mar 2023 at 21:24.