PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford Flight Centre, UK
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2004, 19:06
MorningGlory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Dear oh dear fig air.... thanks for that, did make me laugh! In answer to the original post, and ignoring the apparent lack of literacy from our more 'naive' and 'not so rich' young associates;

Airlines couldn't give a hoot where you do your initial basic training up to the end of atpl's, i.e.: ppl, imc. night, multi, hour building and written exams for atpl (if on a modular course). Airlines will be more interested in first time passes for flight tests and high average grades in the exams. They would also like not to see too many training organisations on your CV. So for your CPL, IR and MCC go to just one reputable school that has had numerous graduates enter work with various types of airlines recently, i.e.: Stapleford. Of course this is not a guarantee that you will do the same on graduation, because that depends on a few items pointed out below, however, it does prove that the training is to a standard which for talented people can flourish within and get the best opportunity to enter an airline upon completion.

You can argue with this as much as you may wish, but the facts are there to be examined by anybody who cares to contact them.

More importantly than that before you do anything, go and see the nice chaps at GAPAN and do some aptitude testing. A lot of people don't do this and end up with a large bill at the end of training and no job, so do it and you wont go into the training blind.

Remember that which ever school you train with, they can only do so much. Your own natural ability, tenacity and aptitude will determine your outcome, and NOT the school you attended.

Early on in training it's easy not to see the bigger picture and blame all sorts of individuals and organisations for your own failings... be careful not to fall into this trap.

My final point is; YES it does cost a lot of money to complete professional flight training, nobody said it didn't, so to generalise about an organisation, and its students apparent wealth is not only ridiculous and assuming but it also sounds rather bitter and naive.

Good luck in your quest.

Last edited by MorningGlory; 14th Jan 2004 at 22:00.