PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2023, 15:37
cLeArIcE

Received 180 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by SHVC
how is it terrible for everyone? I very much doubt they will open it anytime soon if ever. There is no need for a tech crew base if they got the number up on the east coast. However, they need a cabin crew base there soon rather than later.
Haha.. correct crew number's... What are we 40 FOs short at the moment? What about when more LRs and XLRs arrive, who is going to fly them? Talked to anyone in recruitment lately? Apparently it's not going so well. Plus the ones leaving to QF etc.
I can think of a few reasons no Perth base sucks.. 1. Its terrible for the passengers as flights are continuously delayed and cancelled due to crew issues.
2. it's terrible for the company reputation and bottom line having to deal with the above. Not to mention paying all the work day offs to the few crews that still live in Perth.
3. The terrible rosters it creates. Regularly doing 10-12 overnights a month. Bali, Darwin and Perth rotations that vary from early to back of the clocks then do the opposite pattern with the opposite body clock adjustment a day or two later.
4. We seem to pax more these days. A colonoscopy is more pleasant than a Perth or Bali paxing sector. I love sitting in a tiny middle seat that is harder than concrete, surrounded by our "lovely" passengers for 4+ hours.
5. When was the last time anyone did any overtime because of all these inefficient over nights.
6. "Would you like the Mac n cheese or the butter chicken for breakfast on your Perth Bali today? And No, of course there is no salad,. fruit or anything remotely edible for your crew meal today. Just be thankful we are giving you anything."