PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leading Edge LEAP+FI, & TUI UK Pilot Cadet Programmes
Old 16th Mar 2023, 13:12
Romeo__Mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SoftwareDev

AND you'll need to renew both medicals every year which will be £300-£400ish.

If you can pass a CAA Class 1 initial then you'll pass an EASA Class 1 initial. If you don't have an EU passport the EASA licence has limited value for now, hopefully things will change in the future. My advice would be to get the CAA Class 1 then do your PPL and get started on hour building, then make a decision on whether or not to sit both sets of ATPLs and if you do, go get an EASA Class 1 in Poland.
I heard a rumour on the grape vine from a friend of a friends mate down the pub.... That things might be changing with this dual licensing mess and the CAA are likely to re-enter EASA membership. Could be a load of BS and will likely take years to sort out. But the advice of getting your CAA class 1 and then going for the PPL and ATPL's is very good advice at that!

I have no idea how starting your ATPL's would affect your application with TUI however. I imagine you can't start taking your exams outside of the programme.