PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Russian jet collides with US drone over Black Sea"
Old 15th Mar 2023, 22:02
Baldeep Inminj

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by uxb99
Terrified is not the appropriate term to use here. Neither the USA nor Russia is `terrified` of war with each other. It would be more appropriate in my opinion to say both countries, but certainly the USA, are `respectful` of each others capabilities and aware of the ramifications of a war.
I can only say 'wow' - I am almost speechless. You believe the USA is 'respectful' of potential nuclear war?

Would you honestly want to live in a nation that was not terrified of a nuclear war? Really? If I was you, I would pray that my Government was absolutely terrified of the prospect and would do anything to avoid it, but hey, that's just me. Honestly, do you have eyes? Are you seeing the Russians slaughter Ukranian civilians on a daily basis?The US is refusing to militarily engage in the war in Ukraine, despite the fact that they could save thousands of Ukrainians by unleashing the might of the US, and annihilating the Russian forces there, but they won't. Why? Because they are terrified of the consequences!!!...or do you honestly believe that better wording is ' the US is permitting the slaughter of free and innocent people because we are respectful of the capabilities of our advesary'.

To my earlier point, I listened to the live briefing today by the Sec Def and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. The Chairman, Gen Milley, was asked if this was 'an act of war', and he shut the question down without answering it - he refused to even discuss it. My point exactly, the USA are terrified of confrontation with Russia and will deny, obfuscate, confuse and deflect - he did it today for all to see. This is not my opinion or agenda, it is pure fact - just watch the press briefing.