PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA air museums to visit
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2023, 17:39
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by sandiego89
- The Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum, Washington State. Been closed for about 2 years, but plans to re-open during summer months for the next 2 years before moving to Arkansas. Details pend.
Where did you see that it was going to be moved? Last I'd heard Walton had decided to leave it in place at Paine (I only live a few miles away from Paine Field)?

-Smithsonian Mall, half day, but not fully open due to remodeling.
I believe that the Smithsonian Air and Space on the Mall has fully reopened - I'm a member of the Smithsonian and got an email to that effect not too long ago. Timed entry passes are required however, so go to their website ahead of time.

Finally we have all recommended things all over the USA, and many visitors, especially from Europe, fail to appreciate how big the place is ("what do mean we are still in Texas, we have been driving for 10 hours!?)
About 25 years ago, I was heading to a big race at Road America, Wisconsin with my wife and her sister. Driving a small motorhome pulling the racing trailer so my pace was somewhat relaxed . Following Interstate 90, we stopped in Montana for the night, started in again at 8am. Drove a solid 12 hours before I again called it a night and we found a place to park - we were still in Montana.