PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Airlines Concealing UFO Risk from Insurers?
Old 15th Mar 2023, 15:59
DarioG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailvi767
35 years and almost 30,000 hours. Involved in two UFO sightings. The first was clearly a weather ballon that passed a bit close for comfort. My FO however was hysterically sure it was a UFO. Claimed it went by to fast for a ballon. Couldn’t seem to grasp we went by it at 460 knots.The second was a pilot on 123.45 mid Atlantic losing it over watching Venus rise. Lots of catcalls about if this was his first time on the North Atlantic. Other than that nothing seen or heard on the radio.
You have hit the nail on the head my friend.

The risk is not the UFOs themselves, but consumer/regulator/military reaction to an unidentified sighting, that is (understandably) mostly mundane in origin. Do you see what I mean? You've described exactly what UFO risk is. It's the fear factor of seeing something unidentified - and that will only increase as UFOs become clouded in more 'negative' language as a result of the American inquiry.

Originally Posted by HOVIS
OP. This is satire, right? 🙄
It beggars belief that considering the inquiries ongoing in the Senate Intelligence Committee, and the AARO project at the Department of Defense, that specifically list UFOs as 'clear risk' to flight safety, you may still believe this is a satirical topic.

Originally Posted by meleagertoo
I don't think that airline pilots are the type to be any more susceptible to zeitgeists than they are to poltergeists.
Leave alone conspiracy theories about cover-ups of non-existent UFO risks.
Unfortunately, pilots are humans like you or I. They may be less susceptible than ordinary folk, but they're still human. Please see the reply (ironically, the one right below you) to see an example of what I meant.