PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Officer: EZY to BA move?
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2023, 12:22
Kay45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Officer: EZY to BA move?

Hey there,
I'm new to the forum and my apologies if I've posted this thread in the wrong section. I am currently an FO with easyJet based in London and recently I've noticed a lot of my colleagues moving to BA (not Euroflyer, mainline at Heathrow through direct entry)

​​​​​I'm 31 years of age and I'm wondering whether a move would be prudent given BA's emphasis on seniority. It'll most likely take me about another 3/4 years to get command at Easy, so I'm trying to weight up potential earnings alongside other important factors, such as work-life balance & company culture. I'm very happy at easyJet at the moment, I love the roster pattern & enjoy being back in my own bed most of the time with the occasional nightstop. My colleagues are great and the money is fine. However, I'm aware that I may not feel the same way in 20 years time and I don't want to let a good opportunity pass by while the BA recruitment window is open. Does anybody have any experience of making this transition? Would be very appreciative to hear your thoughts.