PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Airlines Concealing UFO Risk from Insurers?
Old 15th Mar 2023, 11:47
DarioG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AerocatS2A
"Are Airlines Concealing UFO Risk from Insurers?"

No.

Now I predict you will interpret answers like mine as being part of the cover up and answers opposed to mine as being factual. Good luck!
Not at all, but it would help if you expanded on your answer.

Originally Posted by Busdriver01
I would suggest a 'rumour network' full of anonymous accounts who may or may not actually be pilots is not the place to be finding good evidence for anything. There is no cover up - there is nothing to cover up. In all my years flying ive not once heard anyone report to ATC a UFO (a term deliberately used to incite visions of E.T paying us a visit). The Gatwick Drone incident was about as close as we have come in the UK.
There is no 'good place' to find 'good evidence' of ANYTHING related to my query. That's why I'm here. Regardless, your testimony (if you are a pilot, as you say) does square with other pilots I've spoken to. It's quite a mercurial subject. Some pilots have encountered strange things in the sky or their radar, or heard of such things, whereas others have never once experienced or even heard of such a Phenomenon.

But to your point, I would say that the Canadian public data I'm currently seeing shows an average of 13.25 sightings of unknown aerial phenomena reported to CADORS (not necessarily quoted as 'UFOs', but always reported as an unidentified object(s) in the sky) over the last 8 years. Of these, there is an average of 2 incidents a year reported to CADORS I deem 'threatening', as they involve close fly-by's, overflight of restricted airspace, or zipping by the aircraft on its approach to the runway.

There is a reason I have never used the term 'Alien' or E.T.. A good investigator is agnostic to his results. I take UFOs to be just that; Unidentified Flying Objects. We needn't assume what we don't know. I still stand by my hypothesis that, since the US government has deemed UFOs a threat to flight safety, there may be an economic impact to UFOs (which was never a factor beforehand).