PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers dies Jet2 flight from Antalya to Glasgow
Old 15th Mar 2023, 08:13
MichaelOLearyGenius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pbwhi0
Yep, understand that but in the vast majority of cases the aircraft lands normally. In this case, I assume the pilots declared a medical emergency and received priorty landing. But there was no emergency with the aircraft itself and presumably it pulled into the gate as normal.

I believe reporting is going downhill these days and maybe the reporter could have asked the passenger why they believed it was so dangerous to land with the cabin lights on.
Although the aircraft was not in immediate danger, the landing phase is still one of the most critical phases of flight. There are many instances of a/c leaving the runway or running off the end during a normal landing. In this instance the pilots would have been under pressure to get the aircraft on the ground asap for patient to get proper medical attention, I have been on two flights where a pax has had a cardiac event, those pilots dropped those planes like a stone to get on the ground asap.