PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The American Dream; The Europeans can dream!
Old 15th Mar 2023, 05:49
FalseGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zerograv
Hello AAGpilot,
Did a search for that, would call it, maybe a 'Memo' by Rober Isom, but could not find it anywhere.
Probably it was published may be in a social network, FB, or similar, stuff that I normally don't use.
Would be interested in obtaining a copy of it. Would it be possible to provide a link to that ?
It can be by private message if you prefer.
Thanks

or is it internal stuff of AA, and therefore not available to the outside ?
Hi everyone, Delta’s Pilots recently ratified a new for your deal that it is unprecedented in the history of collective bargaining, profoundly changing the economics of Delta’s pilot career; and that’s not just for Delta’s pilots, that deal with determine compensation benefits, and quality of life for pilot across the rest of the industry. That means something extraordinary for American’s Pilots. That’s because our commitment, my commitment, remains unchanged; Our team members, including our pilot will be paid well, and they will be paid competitively.

Let me be clear, American is prepared to match Delta pay rates and provide American’s pilots with the same profit-sharing formula as Delta’s pilots. American pilot’s would receive pay increases of an average 21% in the first year of the new contract; Begin participation in a much richer profit sharing program and receive a bump in the companies annual contribution to your 401(k) in a second year of the deal. The total pay increase for pilots on average is 40% in the fourth year of the deal. Let me give you a few examples of what this would mean by the end of the agreement, factoring in base salary and increase 401(k) contributions from the company; a narrow body, captain at the top of the scale would make $475,000 a year or $135,000 more a year than they do today. A widebody Captain of the top of the scale order in $590,000 a year that’s $170,000 more a year than they earn today; and participation in the new profit-sharing program will increase the payout pool from 5% of pretax earnings too 10%, and up to 20% earnings about $2.5 billion.
And it’s not just about Delta pay, it’s about making sure this works for American’s Pilot. You would see significant improvements to scheduling related and quality of life items. That means improved trip construction, and more certainty when it comes to replacement flying and recovery obligation.

A deal like this would be a game changer for our pilots. It would be worth more than $7 billion in incremental compensation, benefits, and quality life improvements over the term of the four year agreement. This would allow you to join Delta’s pilots is the industries leader’s in pay, but with more quality of life improvements unique to American Airlines. It’s what you deserve and it can be negotiated and made available quickly. Like you I’m extraordinarily excited about the coming new contract and all that it means for you and American.

As we proceed down the negotiation homestretch, I plan to reach out frequently, share updates and make sure you have the company’s perspective and our unequivocal commitment to completing a new contract expeditiously. I want to assure you that there’s no question of our intent; That is we want you to be paid as well as your peers. We want you to have the quality life and benefits the matter most to you and we don’t want you to have to wait, Now lets get this deal done.

Thanks for listening and thanks for all you do every day.

~Robert Isom