PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Russian jet collides with US drone over Black Sea"
Old 14th Mar 2023, 23:02
MechEngr

Received 214 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by mangere1957
Just curious as to how you know what the drone operator thought. I'm guessing that you don't have reliable remote mind-reading capabilities. I do realise that the CIA once carried out 'remote-viewing'; maybe you are one of the reliable remote-viewers that the CIA identified?
On that basis, we don't know if there was a drone, any Russian aircraft, or Russia exists at all. Perhaps Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Still, if we accept the reports that are being made the Russians made several attempts to disable the drone with a fuel dump until one of them got too close and clipped the propeller. CBS said that Pentagon reps said there were 19 passes. I'd think fuel would be discernible as it liquid-blasted the camera housing, but maybe Ivan just can piss like a race horse.

This will likely influence things as much as when I shake a fist at a cloud. Our diplomats will express concern to theirs and their diplomats will say it was all a misunderstanding that would not be repeated if the US played with their toys in their own back yard instead of butting in.

The biggest problem will be for the pilot who has to explain what happened to the fighter and why there is a ding in it. "It was like that when I signed it out" is unlikely to work.