PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The American Dream; The Europeans can dream!
Old 14th Mar 2023, 18:36
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BraceBrace
Not here to judge the system but... It is what Ryanair wants. Make a max 10 year blitz career from 200hrs and only keep the training people that can handle the sytem for the future.

While with a regular airline one has to work the ranks to get promotions, Ryanair hands qualifications out like flyer adds to balance the uncertain work conditions (base closures etc...). When the new crisis arrives, "tired-by-the-system qualifications" are replaced with new "motivated & funded" FO's that feed the training system from the bottom.

While in a regular mainline airline you need a magnifying glass to find a captain at the age of 30, in the low cost business you have to question yourself why you aren't a TRI/TRE already by that age (if you wanted to be one...). Once you have all you wanted from Ryanair, you move one.

Different worlds.
Agree in it is what RYR want. Ideally they want an aviation slump to dump some pilots onto the market.
At the moment that’s not happening. What I saw was FOs ready for upgrade saying thanks but no thanks. The drive from FOs I met was there to be LHS. Captain salary at RYR not worth it when can go to ME and earn much more, BA FO at LHR £5k after tax with all the other benefits and option to go LH or Jet2 for pretty good salary for less work.

How many pilots post COVID are now looking for jobs? All the guys and gals I met going through training had qualified just before COVID hit.
RYR need 1200 pilots this year. That’s a lot.