PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA ATPL to UK CAA conversion
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2023, 08:05
maxed-out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi deltahotel

Thank you for the reply. The link you sent was the page (step 5/6) I was referring to when I spoke to the UK CAA.

My understanding reading this is, as an EASA atpl holder(ex-uk cpl holder), if I wanted to regain my UK licence at ATPL level, I need to do a UK ATPL skills test on my current type and then be issued with a UK ATPL plus rating endorsed at the same time. Unlikely I'll go down this route as booking a sim on my current type is very expensive.

Second option, if for example I was offered a UK Job on a different type, is that a new TR at a UK approved ATO would take place and then be issued an ATPL plus new TR at the same time.

However, I was led to believe on the phone, that I would first need to apply for the UK licence, be issued a blank licence with no IR on it, to then complete a UK approved TR. How does that even work, ie. a blank licence and then doing a TR without a UK ME-IR)? I have previously held 2 type ratings on a UK Licence so maybe I am exempted from having a current UK ME-IR??

I thought the whole point of the amended procedure post 31/12/22 is that you apply using your EASA Licence and Rating to complete either a Skills test on current Type or if offered a UK job, your UK employer could enroll you at a UK ATO and complete a full new TR and then be issued the Licence at Rating in one go. Or am I missing something here?