PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Return to flying after 5 years. Advice?
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2023, 12:13
A321drvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was lucky enough to keep my job with almost none to little loss of pay during the pandemic however i personally feel that the whole business model of LCC-s is not something I could longer support.

Constant commercial pressure is trickling down from management through different departments. Cutting corners, safety and just culture is something for the textbooks, various courses are there to satisfy the regulator, etc. No real thought behind them. Middle and upper management are completely disconnected from what aviation means for the most of us. It's just a grind with the short turnarounds, expectation to use discretion to manage avoidable disruptions, the list goes on. Cabin crew and groundstaff are even having it worse. Really feel for them. Unions are little to non existent and seniority means nothing. Local labour offices and taxman turning a blind eye to bs contracts and how things are (allocation of vacation and personal time comes to mind which is regulated in most countries labour code).

Sure, there are better ones like EZY Switzerland and some are the absolute worst (new Wizz Malta BS and Ryr Buzz in Eastern Europe, or whatever it's called along with those ACMI outfits in the Baltics).

I'm sure that some if not most of the above exists in the legacies as well although better managed and with some more constraints favoring the workforce, so to say.