PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF 380 popping slide in LA
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2023, 11:43
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Global Aviator
Same on the baby bus so reckon probably the same on the big bus!
Reminded me of an Australian operator who was about to return an A330-200 to the lessor. It was a flight to be conducted with a Flight Crew only.

It was to depart from the International terminal and here is an example of the nonsensical and counterproductive bureaucracy that gets created when people with no practical ability to understand the intent of rules and procedures make a minefield for everyone else.

The A330s were not operated internationally. No problem I said to the Captain, we'll get someone from international who has operated A320 doors and is 'signed off' to open the door when the aeroplane is on the aerobridge. Ohh, noooo, said the trainers and supervisors, those people are not 'signed off' on the A330. My reaction was that it's the same f-ing door, it's just bigger. Oh, no, we can't do that, because it's not on paper. This is basically akin to someone refusing to let a person open a cabin door on a 747-SP back in the day because they'd only been trained on the 747-200.

In the end when I explained it, the Captain said "Look, I'll go to the aerobridge and I'll open the f---king door!".

Glad to see logic prevails and even on Airbuses the old rules we followed with the bigger Boeings are still in place (I think the 737 was the only exception because it didn't have the disarm feature if opened from the outside.