PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About Global Aviation solutions
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2004, 15:35
Puritan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snigs, you wrote ‘I expect the 11 low houred pilots are fairly young’.

Well I suppose it depends on what you mean by fairly young but I think it would be true to say that, predominantly, the people attending the Bond / GAS courses seem to be in their thirties or older.

Aside – don’t loose heart on the age thing, e.g. I certainly know of at least one other bloke who was nudging forty when he got is first break – thanks to Hamrah & CH4 – going straight from light aircraft and onto a B737 with GoFly.

Luke, you wrote 'condolences to those who paid their £850 and came up empty handed'.

But those people are not empty handed.

For the vast majority this was there first experience of attending a full-on airline assessment – which in itself alone would prove useful experience.

As a result of the assessment and subsequent debriefings, the assessee’s now have a much clearer understanding of where their present abilities put them - certainly in terms of them being able to transition directly to a jet and / or whether this would be a sensible idea for them to consider, or not.

Imho, just because - and for whatever reason - some who attend the assessment are not presently undertaking a jet-type rating does not mean that it has been a waste of their £850 – far from it.