PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking on An Airline for Discrimination- Whos been there?
Old 14th Jan 2004, 14:50
Bendigo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bushmechanic:

You could be correct, may i wasn't good enough. For a number of reasons i think this is unlikely, and it would probably be unwise for me to elaborate further, but i would not be able to prove this unless i could access records of how successful applicants rated as compared to me. I don't think i have an attitude but you can call me by whatever name you wish that's your perogative. I don't think you have the right to tell a company to give you a job, but i do believe your entitle to a fair shake once you throw your hat in the ring. I had a few chats with some senior QF drivers was told a few things "off the record" like regarding age. In my experience if something looks like a duck, and it quacks its probably a duck, if somethings not quite right you can smell it.

The Voice:

I appreciate what you say about the element of suprise, and i did consider it. In my experience in Oz large companies will always "spin" , and if need be lie and destroy or alter documents to win in civil litigation. So there is no real advantage to have an element of suprise, as an Australian Corporate is going to "spin" ,lie, deny , and destroy documents regardless. Like it or not that's standard practice in Oz and that's why we have a reputation as sleazebags overseas. My understanding is that the only avenue you have is a state EOC , which sends a copy of your complaint to the respondent, you don't have the option of lodging a writ in a court for these matters. In Oz the company will then respond saying whatever it has to to deny any wrondoing- and the game then begins.