PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2004, 14:09
SocialFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Blue Interview....

Hey Guys...

I heard back from Virgin and I didn't make it through to the Medical stage. That's cool though, I'm happy to have made it to the final interview and the experience was worth it..

I've had a few private messages requesting info so I'll do my best to post what I can remember about the Group and One on One interview.. Here it goes....

Group Session:

When you arrive on the day you are required to register. Upon registration one should look at the interviewer and smile.. Many people did not seem welcoming or excited when they registered. We were informed by the recruiters that they assessed all applicants, body language, confidence, interpersonal skills and smile at the registration stage..

The two Group activities were

1. Build a Card Stack Tower in Groups. The aim of this is to see how you interact, not how good you can build. Don't be the know it all and act give instructions or demand.. Repeat what other people say, follow instructions, promote team work etc...

2. Design a Advertising Campaign (TV OR SONG)... The aim of this is simple.. Advertise a product.. I would recommend you encourage your group to do a song. Act like a complete idiot. Dance while you sing, and promote group interaction.. The aim of this task is to use team work, show how confident you are, ability to have fun, planning skills and following instructions.

During the group interview stage the interviewer made a interesting comment. On a flight you have limited time to make an impression, hence this is why they give limited time in the group activities stage.....

NOW! For those who make it through to the on on one interview, here are some of the questions that I was asked

1. Why do you want to be a Flight Attendant

2. Looking through your employment could you explain why you left such and such position

3. How do you cope with adaptibility? If your organisational structure changed without notice what measures would you take to ensure a smooth transition? Give an example?

4. Give a time you worked in a group context and a member of your team did not contribute! What did you do? How did the other team members feel?

5. Explain a time at work where a colleague was performing duties in a manner which posed a OHS risk to others. What did you do, how did they react.

6. Thinking about all your employment tell me what is the one job you have loved the most and what aspect of it was the best.

7. Tell me a time you ahve dealt with an aggressive customer who may have posed a threat to you? How did you deal with the situation. What procedures did you follow?

8. Think of a time where a customer has requested something which was impossible for you to provide? What did you do? How did you handle the situation?

9. What measurs do you take in your workplace to ensure that it is safe and risk free to others.

SO!!!!! That's the best I can do guys, might not be the exact question but it's close enough.. That's the bulk of it. The criteria used in the Group and One on One interview is

"confidence,teamwork, interpersonale
effectiveness,verbal communication, flair,presentation
and grooming, customer service orientation,
adaptability,"

Reflecting on my one on one interview I could have possibly answered a little better... I'll be more prepared next time (12 months that is ... Hope all this helps.. Good Luck to all those attending. I've got a Ground Crew interview with them next week and might try my luck at that...

Cheers all

SocialFlyer

PS.. SOFRESH, There were 2 asian female applicants on the day and both made it to the finals...