PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2023, 13:21
nikoel

Received 24 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jetexec
I'm #24 on the order list and still feeling good. I love reading the posts shooting this project down. If you're right, I owe you one, but if we had to rely on all naysayers to hold things up, nothing in the world would be a success. Who would have figured Elon would blast astronauts in the atmosphere after only starting an electric car company. Here's a thought, anyone posting a negative thought, tell us first how many atoms you've split in your lifetime. I would love to hear your success stories.
Look Jetexec, perhaps reconsider the bar to criticism you have set here. No one in this thread has split an atom. My or anyone else's successes and failures have little to do with Hills. It's still undeniable that some of the things that are being said are, well.. lies. You don't owe me anything because you have already parted with your money, but considering all this; I understand you

Just a few pages down from this thread there is an other by Swiss Company that already had a working prototype helicopter in 2011. It looks kind of similar to the one you have purchased. Agusta bought it out and rebranded it as the AW09. The built prototype was being showcased 12 years ago. It has taken it this long to come to market* (* longer actually, since it's still not actually out yet) and it has a Powerplant built by Safran, Avionics built by Sagem and Garmin, support and an army of engineers and developers from one of the biggest helicopter companies in the world. Hills has none of those and says at public events that it will have a flying prototype by the end of the year

Will Hills be successful? I don't know. I hope so. I genuinely hope so. I would love to replace our fleet of Airbus H125 and R44s with one of Hills. But with so many self imposed challenges and hurdles to clear, right out of the starting blocks they shoot themselves in the foot and tie a polished ball-bearing and a chain to the other. Every crypto statement, every completely impossible timeline is doing harm to the image and reputation of the company. But hats off to the guy who spent millions on those Blender Renders and Google/Bookface marketing

There are companies like Tesla and SpaceX and there companies like Nikola and Lordstown Motors. All of them publicly listed. Although without Nikola we wouldn't have amazing works of art like these:

Last edited by nikoel; 13th Mar 2023 at 02:29.
The following users liked this post: