PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAP CEO C O-W is sacked
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2023, 12:55
Flightrider

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Think you each may be talking about two different points in time. Flybe was serving JER, GCI, BHD, IOM, INV, NQY and NCL (I think) back in 2013 and sold all of its Gatwick slots to easyJet for £20m and left Gatwick in March 2014 as a result.

It subsequently picked up some more Gatwick slots after the sale for the Newquay route and PSO.

None of this detracts from the core subject of CO-W’s uselessness though.

Of many, the one that surprised me the most was an episode on a Q400. Flybe had reasonably strict rules about use of personal headphones during the safety demo and critical phases of flight, intended so that you could hear the demo and any commands from the crew. Their prerogative.

CO-W on board one day with her earphones in. Cabin crew placed in the position of wondering what best to do, and correctly decided to ask her to remove the earphones as they would for any other passenger. CO-W just looked at the SCCM, said “no, I won’t be doing that” and put her earphones back in.

Unbelievable, really. How to undermine your own company’s safety policy in one easy step.