PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 12th Mar 2023, 12:45
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Askari1981
Hi all

I did my assessment in Dubai early Jan 2023.

Doc assessed my BMI to be high(32), I completed a CVD risk assessment after which the doc was happy and recommended me to FlyDubai. I was then asked by HR to first complete a full GCAA Class 1 medical, which I did and sent off to them. I was told that I would receive my feedback soon. Still waiting.

I can'tsee how they would make you go through all of that and then say no...... maybe I am wrong.

Anyone else with the same experience?

What was your outcome?

Anyone with insights into this?
I don't want to be negative, just a reality check: They can absolutely make you go through all of that, and then say no.

That's not to say they won't still say yes, hopefully that is the case. But I personally know several people who applied, had a few hoops to jump through, and were ultimately rejected after some time. My impression of FZ hiring process is that your 'file' passes from desk to desk and must get approval from everywhere before it passes upwards at the end, where you can still ultimately be rejected for any reason.

tl:dr - it isn't a yes until it's a yes. The amount of time taken is irrelevant. Dis maar hoe dinge gaan daar bo.

My sincerest good luck and hopes for your success.