PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2023, 12:20
trigonometry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yellokiwi
Question. If you already have CPL and apply, do you still complete the 1 year training as if you were training from scratch? Im in my early 30s, got my CPL nearly 2 years ago but didnt go for the instructor route because of financial reasons (needed 30~40k).

Ive missed the chance to apply for the second officer role so was wondering what happens if I apply to the cadet programme. Looks like people with experience have applied in the past but cant seem to find more info on this.

Im am married but no kids though. I could fly as an instructor for 3 years before getting picked up by air new zealand and fly turbo for another 5 before getting jet time. Thinking 5~7years as second officer at CX wont be that bad?

I am a NZ citizen though but i guess i can fall under "right to work" with the right visa?

They used to offer a 30 weeks program if you have CPL and all required hours, it's called "Advanced Entry", but I'm not too sure if they are still running it, as you know, things have changed a lot at CX. Right now they seriously need to fill DEFOs, cause that's where the demand is headed, the ones that are on the Ab initio are for the future use. You should write to the recruiting manager and see what she has to say.

Elene Cheng, Talent Acquisition Manager, Operation
[email protected]
https://www.linkedin.com/in/elene-cheng-0408a6a8/

All the best.