PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2023, 09:55
Bell_ringer

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Jetexec
I'm #24 on the order list and still feeling good. I love reading the posts shooting this project down. If you're right, I owe you one, but if we had to rely on all naysayers to hold things up, nothing in the world would be a success. Who would have figured Elon would blast astronauts in the atmosphere after only starting an electric car company. Here's a thought, anyone posting a negative thought, tell us first how many atoms you've split in your lifetime. I would love to hear your success stories.
That should come with a whataboutism warning.
The comparison to Musk does sum up the Hilliever pysche quite well, it has become quite a religion to the anointed.
But, since you drew the comparison, Musk didn't need punters money to make it work, it also took him quite a long time to get anything into the air, successfully. Plenty of failures along the way. Doing new things takes time, and there will be setbacks.
Iirc Elon also had the common sense not to try make his own ballbearings.

To be clear, to the cult members, no one is wishing for Hill to fail, quite the opposite, but there is just a whiff of BS that permeates everything they release into the public domain, so that is something Hill actually has in common with Musk.

Last edited by Bell_ringer; 12th Mar 2023 at 10:20.