PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas International 2023 recruitment
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2023, 04:13
Mel2022QF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by debbieitaly
Just wondering if anyone else who's considering this job pays rent, electricity, water, mobile phone bill, vet bills, etc etc? Cause I'm struggling to work out how this pay is survivable 😫😭
Overnight allowances once you commence flying will be an essential part of bringing up that pay. That's why you may want a US trip for example, I think at least one or more of those a month. And there will be opportunities for those that want to grow to pursue CSS/CSM roles in time. Also some crew have side gigs.

I hear you though with cost of living rising though I sometimes wonder how I'll get on! I guess it's one of those jobs you do for the love of it, not for the money but we still need to afford to live decent lives. When I think about how much more expensive it is to pay a mortgage/rent than when I first applied and budgeted for a pay decrease... there's no doubt it's getting harder for everyone but I especially think of Sydney folks paying rent or mortgages. Basic pay of $700pw in the very beginning might leave not much after rent for some but it will soon improve and hopefully rising cost of living calms down a bit in the coming months.

Last edited by Mel2022QF; 12th Mar 2023 at 04:25. Reason: Insert Quote