PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2023, 03:44
Jetexec

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by nikoel
Are you kidding me? Accepting orders with Bitcoin? No risk, trust us bro? It's almost as if they don't even care about appearing legitimate anymore. Those other quotes feel like they are coming from a crypto exchange right before a recent collapse that is headquartered in the Caribbean.

Even Tesla, with all their resources, knew they needed to start with a solid platform (Lotus Elise) so they could focus on designing the engine and battery. And despite their seemingly foolproof strategy, they still faced failures until Musk continuously pumped money into the project. Hill, on the other hand, has a much more challenging vehicle with far fewer resources, yet they're directing some of their attention towards ball bearings and door latches. Have these smaller, peskier issues like I don't know blades, engine, avionics, a software suite been already solved

It's understandable for someone outside the company to question why there are so many artificial and/or self imposed obstacles in the design and manufacturing process. According to what was posted in 2020, a prototype was supposed to be flying last year. How can they realistically expect to have a finished product by the end of 2023 when they can't even create a carbon shell in three years?

I genuinely hope for those who pre-ordered your helicopter this is not the case with Hills, but this reminded me of an other unrelated man of ill intent who was in a similar position; cashing out progressively via a handsome salary whilst simultaneously trying to attract as many people as possible for their their deposits. He used those pre-orders to gain grants and loans. When after a few years the inevitable happened because the money stopped flowing, threw their hands up and loudly proclaimed 'Yes we tried! We were real innovators here, and whilst we failed today we were not afraid to try. Thank you to everyone who believed in us'
I'm #24 on the order list and still feeling good. I love reading the posts shooting this project down. If you're right, I owe you one, but if we had to rely on all naysayers to hold things up, nothing in the world would be a success. Who would have figured Elon would blast astronauts in the atmosphere after only starting an electric car company. Here's a thought, anyone posting a negative thought, tell us first how many atoms you've split in your lifetime. I would love to hear your success stories.