PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dublin
Thread: Dublin
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2023, 13:48
blind pew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MANFAN
Recently visited Dublin for the first time in around 4 years and what a big disappointment it was regarding the transport from the airport to Dublin city centre.
Last time I was there (I think around 2018) I came out of T1, hopped onto the 747 Airlink and was in Dublin around 30 mins later.

This time, I walked outside to a horrendous queuing system in the rain (no cover) to board coaches into the city centre. Each coach took an age to arrive so the queues were almost inside the arrivals area of the terminal.
Why hasn't Dublin got better transport links into the city and surrounding areas? Are there any plans in place to actually get a train station located at the airport like most EU capitals have?!
Dublin city council are more concerned with taking out the car parking around Merrion square having done such a similar job at St Stephen’s green and installing cycle lanes.
My last drive around the city I saw 4 cyclists ..one jumped the lights and another was cycling the wrong way up the road. Traffic jam on the way towards the airport added an extra 20 mins to the journey.
Maybe an answer would be a direct bus shuttle to Portmarnock Dart station but would need some infrastructure changes.