PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2023, 09:04
dsamole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pug
Obviously not a viable option, which kind of proves Peels point and was probably offered as a solution in the knowledge that DMBC were preparing a case for CPO. Local councils tend to struggle to ensure bins are collected on time, they’re not exactly best equipped to operate airports, certainly not ones that struggled in spite of significant financial support.
It was viable. It was proven.. the PIA flights that operated on behalf of MAN were generating £250,000 per month.

It was viable until PEEL asked the former head of cargo to cancel flights.. There was a mass influx of 747 charters pretty much daily (GTI and CKS) planned up until February this year which 'I believe' was cancelled by PEEL, the move during the pandemic of all the PPE charters to LPL was 'I believe' also PEEL's doing in an attempt to start making it look unviable with various excuses given to airlines like "no staff, no warehousing, can't handle more then one at once etc"

Amazon Prime Air were also interested, several visits undertaken but again 'I believe' told no by PEEL in early 2022.

However, it's a good job we have this Mark Chadwick character in talks with the UAE (You don't have to be a farmer to smell that one).