PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - META and IRTE on basis of FAA CFI-ME-II
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2023, 16:50
Ramjet55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
META and IRTE on basis of FAA CFI-ME-II

I hold an expired Australian Instructor Rating and after decades overseas and returning to Australia.
Would anyone know what CASA's attitude is towards exemptions from training requirements for
Multi Engine Training Approval, Instrument Rating Training Approval, Aerobatics and Spin training?

I hold an FAA Instructor, Multi-Engine Instructor and Instrument Instructor ratings,
In Canada I held a Class 1 Aerobatic instructor rating, Float Rating , and a King Air Type rating.
Also hold a valid ARN, ASIC approval but need a fresh medical that is not worth doing until I arrive back in Aus.
I used to hold a low level aerobatic approval however CASA advised they could not find a record of it
or even a record of spin training. My multi- type endorsements expired ME instrument rating and 2 instructor rating did show up.

The King Air required a week long multi-crew training in a Flight Safety simulator in Wichita KS.
I'm filing in the CASA form 61-4A and the fees add up to $630 just to have CASA tell you what they want you to do.

I expected to have to do the flight tests but am hoping that I would get a break on the training course requirements.

Would anyone know how CASA handle the above?

PM's welcome.
PS just noticed my mail box does not allow messages for reasons unknown
Email Ramjet555 at Gmail.com

Last edited by Ramjet55; 10th Mar 2023 at 17:54.