PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The American Dream; The Europeans can dream!
Old 9th Mar 2023, 08:55
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gipilot
TheYanks have more than enough people to cover their shortage, it’s the training that takes time. Remember this shortage is temporary, so there’s no need to give any visa specifically for pilots.

As for EU, well we will never see such an increase. Maybe the AF/KLM or Lufti might up their pay a bit but as far as everyone else you can forget it. We have a massive surplus of pilots and the EU is not 1 country, it might be a single market but with so many countries with different labour laws and economies it practically makes it impossible. Plus there’s the low cost issue, our aviation sector is dominated by Ryanair/Wizzair and Easyjet so they lead the way in terms of pilot pay and the rest are just gonna follow.

So if you want anything close to what the Yanks are getting make sure you get in to AF/KLM, Lufti or maybe BA. For everything else expect some serious deterioration of remuneration packages in the next coming years.

It is what it is.
I disagree. Yes there won’t be an increase like they are seeing over in USA but I reckon we will see an up tick.

RYR still losing masses to the likes of ME carriers.
Brexit may actually help UK licensed pilots.
Anyone starting training now or has just finished have gone or will go EASA route. That gives RYR and Wizz as options to start.
RYR are struggling to fill RUK side of operations.
If you’re jet rated in UK last few months has seen some pretty good options. I know a few people recently who have said to me. “I don’t know where to go?” Been offered Virgin, BA, J2, DHL, Qatar.
UK wise for an FO just looking at ££k J2 is looking mighty. £75k now I think? Summer yes they work hard. Winter though my mate seems to do couple of days work every 2 weeks.
EU land I don’t have my ear to the ground. I do know guys/gals who have got 500hrs at RYR and off to AF/KLM etc.

One thing about the US is yes salaries are looking very good right now.
The cynic in me says yes BUT….. 2 words….
Chapter Eleven.
All bets are off at that stage.