PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alleged UFO or UAP, 1990, Calvine, Scotland
Old 8th Mar 2023, 15:22
chevvron

Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Ninthace
Yes Nick Pope is one of those who rose without trace and now makes a successful career out of not a lot because folk want to believe,
In my work, I used to have access to the MOD Directory and although there was a section to which he could have been attached, it was one of those places where they sent details of anything which they felt was outside their remit and there were a lot of these 'pigeon holes' to be dealt with in addition to just UFO Reports which were right at the bottom of the list I saw.
Pope would have been able to see some documents but only in as much as he would have forwarded them to others in MOD who were trained experts in their field. The way he reads is that he was in sole charge of any investigations whereas nothing could be further from the truth.
I always assumed that he was the EO (Executive Officer) in charge of his section but from what I've read, he was much lower in the food chain.
I once had occasion to speak to a young lady at MOD when I was able to explain away a UFO sighting which had been sent to me in my capacity as an Air Traffic Controller at RAE Farnborough (as it was then); she phoned me to thank me for my input as it helped clear at least one case from their files which she would otherwise have been obliged to forward to other MOD experts. This would have been after Nick Pope ceased his connection with the secretariat as she said she was the one in charge; I believe they move civil servants round in MOD every few years.