PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Error After ‘Sierra Hotel [SH-T HOT] Break’ F-35C Crash
Old 8th Mar 2023, 04:46
SpazSinbad

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
In case some here are not aware 'megan' knows me from our time at NAS Nowra. 'megan' is a RANHFV Iroquois veteran pilot and general all round good fella. As he has made known he was trained in the USofA by the USN system in the late 1960s, thus was able to gain his wings in the T-28C Trojan deck landing aboard USS Lexington. I have mentioned not being able to have my wings confirmed by the RAN (provisional wings only upon graduatjion from the RAAF Basic/Advanced Flying Training Course at the end of 1968). My RAN wings confirmed as mentioned earlier I think once an arrest/catapult carried out.

'AscendCharlie' has a thread about 'BeachBall' his instructor with details about some of his comments in this thread in that old thread. I've attempted to find that thread but cannot. So some details will have to be created again here that he mentions. Meanwhile to show the bona fides of the time the 'study' was made, below is a video of LCDR Barry Diamond SP/XO Senior Pilot of VF-805 in 1975 when this video was made by our ABC News TV media (I think).

LCDR Diamond Senior Pilot (XO) VF-805 mid-1975 Nite DL Quote [the venerable USN pilot above will have quoted same same]

CMDR Peter Clark RANHFV3 1st Arrest & Catapult MELBOURNE

+++++++++++++++

Earlier someone (I can check) mentioned 'video of pilot control movements' during a carrier approach. This one is self evident and I'll now look for a Super Etendard chappie doing the same....

Super Hornet FA-18E Control Movements Carrier Landing

Super Etendard Modernise SEM Carrier Approach Pilot Actions