PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Error After ‘Sierra Hotel [SH-T HOT] Break’ F-35C Crash
Old 7th Mar 2023, 23:06
SpazSinbad

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
'CM': I'm amazed. I'm glad that the text was sent to me many moons ago with that link provided. Perhaps you can join the website and find the text yourself. You do not seem to add value here except your pronouncements. Perhaps you can explain to what you are referring. "From what little I have provided" (perhaps you do not understand) there was a rampstrike with dents in the roundown and 'broken' tail. Don't worry I find the memories fun of our AWIs (all trained at Lossimouth in my day) briefing / debriefing me. Then there wuz the transferees from the RN - including AWIs - all having flown exotic machinery such as the Sea Vixen, Phantom and BUCKING EARs demonstrating/briefing their knowledge of Naval Aviation and weapon delivery and tactics.

BTW the text looks to me like the Observer, GIB (Guy in Back who tells the GIF to put the wheels down) telling a TINS (This Is No SH_T) tale about an RNFAA bigwig(s) reaction to a rampstrike and the events surrounding.

'LAL': (or should it be 'LOL'?) Have YOU deck landed? The WOD is seldom straight down the angle deck centreline. Not that it mattered that much getting aboard HMAS Melbourne with a 5.5 degree angle deck (see video below). FLARE? :-) very funny - I was basic/advanced trained by the RAAF in 1968 so we had to FLARE the Winjeel and the Vampire. And of course we quite rightly flared the Vampire and Macchi MB326H back at NAS Nowra. An A4G Low/HIGH Precautionary approach as well as any landing with KIAS above the optimum (as seen on the indexer - or physically looking left/right to see the leading edge slats half extended) - often because of various issues when landing ashore, we would flare. I did not realise it was difficult.

A4G Skyhawk 876 Approaches HMAS Melbourne to Deck Land

Last edited by SpazSinbad; 7th Mar 2023 at 23:27.