PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avalon Airshow
Thread: Avalon Airshow
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2023, 20:55
CaptainMidnight

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Squawk7700
The Koreans did that solo yesterday. It was so fast nobody saw it coming from right to left whilst the main bunch was distracting off to the left. It was incredibly loud and looked like it was 50 ft away… am hoping someone caught it and puts it on YouTube. At a guess it would have breached every single air display guideline. It was super quick and deafening for literally a second as it flashed past. Children were crying and the adults were literally stunned.
I remember being taken to an airshow at RAAF Edinburgh in the 1960's, and a display by Mirages did similar. While a couple were distracting ahead of the crowd, another disappeared then did a fast low pass over the crowd from behind. Yes, scared the living daylights out of me and everyone else.

Another I remember there was repeated calls over the PA for someone to move their car as it was blocking access to something, more frantic each time. Got the crowd in - someone's in trouble -

Then a Chinook appeared with what looked like an old Morris Minor slung underneath, pass in front of the crowd then "accidentally" drop the car

Last edited by CaptainMidnight; 6th Mar 2023 at 00:37.