PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2023, 09:43
Spunky Monkey

Received 290 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Sfojimbo
That's been a favorite idea of mine for months, only it wouldn't be Crimea, it would be on the Kinburn peninsula.

It's not impossible that Ukraine has been making landing craft on the Bug River in places like Mikolayiv, which looks like a giant machine shop to my eyes. If they could make a run from the tip of the peninsula to somewhere near Kherson, they could throw up a bridge and then another. The advantage of an offensive like this would be that once it got going, the flanks would be secure and the Russian supply lines would be long.

Just an idea.
Eh?
So you are suggesting the next counter offensive should start with crossing a river and estuary then driving along a 40km long spit that is 4km wide at its narrowest, through sand dunes and sparsely populated area, with no major objective targets to find a back door into Crimea, while within range of Russian Artillery from 2-3 sides and full air cover...hmmm gets my vote.
(You know the many of the people who write the articles some people quote here are written by people with no real military experience and can be considered as click bait).

If you want to counter Russian tactics with Russian tactics, then go ahead and lengthen the war and cause more loses.

This war will be won by All Arms Manoeuvre tactics, not some Operation Market Garden gamble.
The following users liked this post: