PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What does "check-in" mean nowadays?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2023, 17:50
RevMan2

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PAXboy
When I travel, even if I have the App and info on my phone - I still print out the details for several reasons.
  1. It is true that your phone can seize up, fail to connect or just not provide the information at the critical moment.
  2. When reaching an agent, it is far faster to slip the paper under the plastic face guard, or across the counter. Then they have all the info they need in one place and can read the particular items in the sequence they need. If you hold the phone - it may be too far away for them to see clearly. If you pass the phone to them, they may acciendtally touch the screen in such a way as the information vanishes.
  3. When you have to ask anyone for information, or respond to a request from ground or cabin crew - it is much easier and faster to hand over the paper than put your hand case down and fish out your phone!
When I print my boarding pass at home, I sometimes tweak the key parts of the image to print on a 1/3 sheet of A4 180gsm, so that it is the shape, and almost the size, of a printed boarding pass. Some fellow pax have asked me how I do that.
Belts and braces.
Always had OHP slides as a backup in case the laptop/projector setup didn’t work
Always have a physical boarding pass to go with the app or Apple Wallet
And don’t forget - the Muricans require a physical eticket. (Go figure)