PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA planning minima
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2023, 20:06
A350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA planning minima

Can anyone explain this to me as I’m confused. (B) states that two destination alternate aerodromes are required when safety margins for met conditions and the planning minima cannot be met? I understood that planning minima only referred to ‘destination alternate’ as your destination needed to be above you ‘landing minima? And having an alternate below your planning minima means the airport cannot be selected as it needs to be above the planning minima???

AMC2 CAT.OP.MPA.182 Fuel/energy scheme — aerodrome selection policy — aeroplanes
BASIC FUEL SCHEME — DESTINATION ALTERNATE AERODROME
(a) For each IFR flight, the operator should select and specify in the operational and ATS flight plans
at least one destination alternate aerodrome.

(b) For each IFR flight, the operator should select and specify in the operational and ATS flight plans
two destination alternate aerodromes when for the selected destination aerodrome, the safety
margins for meteorological conditions of AMC5 CAT.OP.MPA.182, and the planning minima of
AMC6 CAT.OP.MPA.182 cannot be met, or when no meteorological information is available.

Am I missing something?