PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF officer found guilty of fraudulently claiming £83,000 in school fees.
Old 1st Mar 2023, 19:56
NutLoose

Received 2,939 Likes on 1,252 Posts
Originally Posted by Krystal n chips
You were far from alone here. HM Gulag St Athan...applied, and accepted for, 22 years, which meant you had to be fit and qualified for, further promotion.

Once this was confirmed, in goes the escape route application for a posting....however, such was the malice directed at anybody who didn't serve their sentence...the minimum term was about 3 years, some being very happy to convert this to life, and after being "advised" to retract my posting request, they produced something called an "X" annotation, never heard of this before, and, oh look, as you are "M.U. trained," off you go to 71 MU....who were genuinely annoyed, because, the Gulag had also dropped my assessments ...in the space of about two months. .

They did the same to at least three other people who wanted to get back into the RAF...rather than clock on / have monthly haircut parades in the hangar / along with pickaxe guard....which, came round " on a more than regular basis" for those of us who had made it clear we didn't join for any of the above reasons . You might have thought representing the RAF in the Inter Services gliding would have been looked on favourably....not a cat in hells chance as three of us discovered ...quite the reverse in fact !

As for CS claims, an individual I took over from kindly told me what I could claim for when I attended conferences etc as he, it seemed, felt it essential he attended as many as possible. Given these conferences / meetings were of no use, or value, to me, or the recipients thereafter, I smiled... nicely (ish)....and ignored his advice. I understand, after he left, an audit of his travels and claims was "revealing ". ...
Ahhhh, , the dreaded X annotation . The other I seem to remember was a Q rating.

Chap at Odiham was having wifey problems due to the amount of detachments, N Ireland, Belize, Norway etc so was threatening marriage breakdown, desperately he applied for an environmental posting ( remember those ) and he got it, across the airfield to the other Puma Sqn, same sh*t, different badge… needless to say there was one pissed off man and even more pissed off wifey.