PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF officer found guilty of fraudulently claiming £83,000 in school fees.
Old 1st Mar 2023, 16:00
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 429 Likes on 226 Posts
Originally Posted by langleybaston
Excuse ignorance, but does not the RAF have a right of appeal to a second reporting officer senior to the 1RO?

I ask because after many years my "fitted for further promotion" dropped from Yes to No on the grounds that I was soon to be in my final year. I pointed out to 2RO that this would be a strange unjustified blight on my CV and the report was changed to "fitted"
with a few explanatory caveats.
Not that I wanted another job, but pride was involved. 41 years' hard labour is enough for anyone!
The Station Commander WAS the second reporting officer. He downgraded the far higher score given by my Sqn Cdr, my immediate reporting officer.

As far as an appeal was concerned, I didn’t even consider making one; it was during my last few weeks of service and had no relevance to my subsequent civilian employment.

However, as I stated earlier, after my resettlement course I subsequently took some pleasure in sending him my claim for 28 days rate ones from one of the most expensive cities on foreign shores. In an envelope, marked “Personal, for…”