PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QATAR AIRWAYS,emergency pa on Sunday night into Bahrain
Old 13th Jan 2004, 23:34
robione

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QATAR AIRWAYS,emergency pa on Sunday night into Bahrain

I estimate we were about 7-8 miles finals sliding down the ils at Bah [DOHA - BAH ABOUT 21-30 ATA] when suddenly on the PA [THIS IS AN EMERGENCY] what a wake up call [AN OXYGEN MASK WILL DROP DOWN] MESSAGE CEASED.SILENCE-i was in an isle seat about half way down the aircraft on the right side{A320} the female to my right almost fainted and the arab chap to her right started praying loud.@bout 20 secs later THIS IS AN EMERGENCY but this time it ceased pretty abrubtly. Well holding a Commercial licence helped me because i deduced rightly or wrongly that hey were on finals we dont need oxy and guessed it was obviously something that had happened by mistake, i was ok but the majority of the pax were pretty shaken and worried looking.On leaving the a/c i asked the purser what had happened, he replied about what? apparently he knew nothing about it.It was a recorded message and it was i can only describe as A BIT CACKALY.Much chat took place when the a/c was safely at the gate.Anybody care to enlighten me as to what may have caused this?. It made for an interesting arrival and boy did it wake me up when i heard those first four words.

ps PPRUNNERS IM IN HENRYS TONIGHT 21-00 FOR ANY ONE WHO WANTS TO TALK FLYING OR WHATEVER