PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Runway incursion at Burbank
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2023, 17:55
DIBO

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JanetFlight
BTW, is it only me having a great difficulty understanding such rapid english non-standard comms
wasn't all that bad, if you ask me. I don't think any of the parties concerned had a problem with this. Only the more than usual number of comm's being stepped-over, complicated things, but not to the point that it was a contributing factor in the unfolding of the events. And a caveat when listening to third-party recordings of ATC comms, this recording does not necessarily reproduce what the parties concerned were receiving. The SKW T/O clearance is a good example of something hardly readable on LiveATC, but would most likely have been perfectly readable by the SKW crew.

Originally Posted by JanetFlight
or the ATC lady gave the SKW clr for TO run even before the light N47C crossed their path from right to left, in front of them on the GA procedure!!??
But the necessary vertical separation was already in place (some 700+ft AGL when N1547C crossed rwy 33), so I think that is about the only element in this event, that had sufficient safety margin. However, the "N47C go around and turn base rwy 33" would have certainly confused me for a moment. "Turn crosswind" or "Turn downwind rwy 33" would have been clear right away...

Last edited by DIBO; 28th Feb 2023 at 18:08. Reason: typo